Submitting to God- (Study of James- Part 18)
I’m going to ask you something…
How do we submit to God?
- God wants us to ask. He knows what we want/need, but it takes faith to ask an unseen God. Asking God help’s our faith grow deeper in the Lord whom is unseen. So Ask.
“What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.” (James 4:1-3)
- Don’t be friends or follow or have anything to do with this world. Anything you do as a job to make money, to provide for your family. Make sure, that not only God wants you there, but that God‘s will is for you to be there. Don’t chase useless things. I was trying to be a millionaire, not no more. God just give me, my daily food. If God willing to give me millions of dollars, I would give it to the ministry and different churches. I would and will and going to keep using what God gives me, for his glory. Don’t have anything to do with this world; It’s all going to Hell (the place) one day. So it’s worthless. Jesus tells us to store up things in Haven, not on earth. I will trust in the Lord our God, the God of Israel.
- Be humble, not proud or don’t boast or have pride. I and you have no reason to give our own self glory. I and you are sinful man, that only by the blood of Christ we are forgiven. Only by God we are living. Only By God we are famous or poor or can make the ends meet or can eat daily. Only by God we are alive. Jesus Christ Alone Saves. Not by my help or your help. You didn’t win that game because of yourself, but because of God. Don’t give yourself glory, don’t be prideful. Matter in fact. Why be rich on earth? You know we who are chosen to be saved, have riches in heaven, you should not be chasing money, but God’s Will for your life. Be humble and God will lift you up, the bible says.
I would like to go back around to the “friendship with the world”. God gave us his spirit, not the world’s spirit, whom is the devil, but the Holy Spirit. We have it to teach us not to be part of the world and to be of God and being humble is very important, so that the world can see Christ living in us. As Jesus said, be light of the _________. Because darkness is of the ___________. Fill in the space with the word “world”.
“Or do you think Scripture says without reason that he jealously longs for the spirit he has caused to dwell in us? But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” James 4:5-6
- Walk away from evil and get closer to God. God never moves, so if you are farther from God, who moved? I learn that saying from my girlfriends, Ashley Vizzard. She posts it on face-book every day when she had internet on. What it means is that God wants a relationship with us, like how I and Ashley are together; God wants to be with you in the same relationship. A personal relationship with God and Mankind is the greatest desire God seeks. He seeks us, and asks that we do that same exact thing.
God has given us the bible that is his word. He gave his very life on the cross, to show that he loves us to point of death. Can I ask you, is anyone out there that you know personally, that your give your life for? If there is, then times that by 100, no 1000, no million times over again, and God’s love is even greater than that, it’s an unfailing love. A love that is forever and ever, never ending, without an end, like cyberspace. God has called us to get closer to him in our walk and to let him carry us throw storms and trails that we may face. We need to get right with God through Jesus, and humble our lives before the Lord. This study of James will help you live a life that God wants us to live, so read all this study. Day by day and never stop, along with studying the bible.
“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.” (James 4:7-10)
- Slander and judging are 2 in 1. There both the same thing. Simply and easy way to say, don’t look at other people’s lives. Look at your own life. Fix your own life for the lord, you’re responsible for your own salvation. Only warn others of their sin.
[Let me add on to this, don’t tell the pastor and preachers and teaching that proclaim the word of God that their judging you. Man, when I go to witness, people say I am judging them. I’m not judging. There is a story in bible, God tells a prophet to go warn the people of their sin. Prophet is a preacher. In these days people say there not, but they are, but I rather use the word preacher. God speaks through preachers to speak to the world. They are spokesman of God, to proclaim his word. The words preacher and pastor, I don’t know where those words come from, but to my understanding, Jesus calls us prophets. Now, if a guy comes out and calls himself a prophet, like that actually word, I warn you to test everything he says, because Jesus said false prophet’s will be in the last days, if there are false prophets there must be true prophet in last days, which I translate as preachers. I could be wrong, don’t hold me to that teaching. But my main point is that God has called preacher to warn people of their sin, so don’t feel judged, be happy, they (we) could pass by and let you go to Hell.]
So two things, don’t Judge others and don’t Slander anyone. Only “warn” or “inform” someone of the sin, its then is up to them, to make their forever choice.
“Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?” (James 4:11-12)