Five It’s a Core Value!
This is an interesting ministry we got here. We are all from different nations and part of different church denominations. Personally grew up in a baptist church, now attending a nondenominational church called Watermark. I have been to a wesleyan called Sent located in Plano, Texas. Great church, when I say that the building itself was amazing, joking, the people were exactly what the bible calls us to be. Just amazing. So with all these different churches and faith systems, what brings us all together as one? We seem so divided, but we really aren’t that divided at all. Here are the core values of the church. If your church doesn’t have these parts of their core values, it’s time to find a new church home.
Core Value 1 – Jesus Is The Only Way!
The Bible is clear that Jesus is the only way to heaven. It’s a Core Value! There is no other way to be saved. We can’t be good enough and there is no other faith system that is better than Jesus. Jesus is the only way to Heaven. Any church that says otherwise is an evil church and you should leave!!!
- “For God loved the world in this way:[a] He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
- Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6
Core Value 2- Baptism is an Outward Expression of the Inward Salvation!
A lot of christians think that baptism is a requirement for salvation. One time I was condemned by a church leader during a bible study in his own house, because I wasn’t baptized right after coming to Christ, but I waited about 1 or 2 years. Others think that you have to baptize your babies so they can be saved, this is unbiblical also, because baptism is for people who accepted that Jesus is the only way and they now make an outward expression of the inward salvation. It’s a Core Value!
- “Then Jesus came from Galilee to John at the Jordan, to be baptized by him.” Matthew 3:13 (Jesus was being obedient by getting baptized, but not to be saved, but to be obedient. He sets the example for his followers.)
Core Value 3 – The Bible is the Word Of God Alone!
Catholics, Mormons and many other groups that are connected to the church through the bible have actually added other books to the bible. The Catholics add in a few books into the bible and the mormons claim that an angel gave Joseph Smith a new gospel. Muslims are in the same group with mormons. Mormons and Muslims both claim an angel gave them a new gospel. These groups that add or take from the bible are under a great sin. God warns against this many times in the Bible. The Bible Alone is the Word Of God! It’s a Core Value!
- For the word of God is living and effective and sharper than any double-edged sword, penetrating as far as the separation of soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It is able to judge the ideas and thoughts of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
- And if anyone takes away from the words of this prophetic book, God will take away his share of the tree of life and the holy city, written in this book. Revelations 22:19
Core Value 4 – We are called to Community!
Imagine being the only person on earth for a minute. Wouldn’t you be lonely? I would and I’m an introvert. I love being alone, but not forever! God didn’t design us to be alone. God himself lived in community before the creation of the world. He Himself Is Community. The Father, The Son and The Spirit. We also see God say it wasn’t good for man to be alone, so he made a partner for the man. Community is important to God and if your church doesn’t have some type of community standard in place, it’s time to find a new church.
- Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth.” Genesis 1:26 (Let Us- This is God, the Father, Son and Spirit speaking to each other in community saying “Let Us make”.
- Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper as his complement.” Genesis 2:28
Core Value 5 – Walk With God
We Are Called to Walk With God Through Prayer and Reading the Bible. This is the Seeking and Knowing God! It’s a Core Value! God wants devoted followers of Christ. He doesn’t want more church members, he doesn’t care about membership lists or how many walk through the door. That number game is a worldly church thing that helps the churches keep track of their own progress. God is more interested in your heart towards him and you growing closer to him.
- “in order to live the remaining time in the flesh, no longer for human desires, but for God’s will.” 1 Peter 4:2
BELOW IN COMMENTS
Share Some of Your Core Values and Your Church’s Core Vales! Love To Hear!