Intro To Smart Money
Wouldn’t you love to wake up one day and just have enough money in your bank account and never have to worry about your finances ever again? The reason I’m sharing this info is that there are a lot of scammers out there and they use the internet to scam people. The reason they scam people is that they aren’t educated enough to make an honest living. If you come across a scammer, share this information with them and don’t fall for their tricks, if they don’t want to earn an honest living, just leave them alone and block them. Stay Safe ya’ll.
The word Money shows up over 120 times in the bible. The world Coin shows up less than 7 times and mostly in the new testament and Jesus is involved in the conversations. The word Wealth shows up 77 times, 18 times in the book of Proverbs. In the rest of the books of the bible, the word Wealth shows up less than 7 times. Solomon was gifted by God with great wisdom and this man of wisdom had a lot more to say about wealth than everyone else in the bible. Jesus may have said more about money and money management though, most of his sermons involved money or investing. It’s important that as Christians we have a biblical worldview on money.
This is the Biblical Worldview on money that every Christian should have.
Love Of Money
First Money isn’t the root of all evil, it is the LOVE OF MONEY that can LEAD to all kinds of evil. Money in itself is a TOOL that we use to not only live our life but spread the gospel worldwide. 1 Timothy 6:10
“For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.”
The LOVE of Money. It’s a heart issue. We need to make sure our heart is right before God and before money. Jesus said in Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.” The word Serve is pointing to the idea of the heart. It’s back to a heart issue. If you serve something, you are most likely in LOVE with what you are serving. It’s all heart issues. The conduction of your own heart when it comes to money.
What did Solomon say about money?
Proverbs 3:9 “Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce”. This simply means that we need to be faithful with the wealth God has given to us.
God has given us the ability to make a living and earn money, we need to in return be faithful and give to our local church or ministries. We need to be wise about this also, don’t just give your money to anyone. Be wise about who you donate to. You can also write the donations off on your taxes, so if you are a high earner and you don’t like paying taxes, you can let the government know you donated X amount and now the money to going towards organizations you believe in, instead of organizations the government believes in.
Proverbs 12:27 “Whoever is slothful will not roast his game, but the diligent man will get precious wealth.” We should be hard-working members of society. This is why it’s wrong for people to be on food stamps.
The Bible tells us to go earn a living and be diligent at it. If you’re a Christian, living on food stamps and you’re wondering why you are still poor, it’s because you’re a slave to the system and you’re doing it to yourself. If you do have a job and it doesn’t pay enough to get off food stamps, it’s time to go get another job and learn new skillsets. No one in the year 2023 has an excuse for why they are living on food stamps or government help. Unless, unless you are mentally or physically unable to do so, in that case, do you have a caretaker? If not, then you are not mentally or physically unable, you’re just lazy and need to go be a productive member of society.
You can’t play the woman card on this either. The Bible doesn’t support the stay-at-home mom theology. Now if you and your wife agree that she will stay at home and do that, cool, but the bible says this about the Proverbs 31 woman.
Proverbs 31:15-16 “She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens. 16 She considers a field and buys it, with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.” This woman considers a field and buys it. This is about that. She isn’t going to her dad and asking him for money or her husband and asking him. She has the money, she goes and buys the field. The proverbs 31 woman is a productive member of society with life outside the home. If this gets under your skin as a woman, it’s because, in some way, it’s relating to your personal life. Look there are things that I read in the bible that gets under my skin for the same reason, but I actively try to change who I am to grow closer to who God created me to be.
Proverbs 28:22 “A stingy man hastens after wealth and does not know that poverty will come upon him.” I never understood this verse until I dated a girl. This one girl I dated had a dad that own 500 acres of land and she operated her own business on that land, which her dad literally paid to help jump-start. She was handed the silver and gold spoon in her mouth. Well, I remember we bought a bunch of food when we went on a vacation, and we had milk that got spoiled. I was going to throw the milk away and she got so mad at me. Told me I was wasting money. Told me we aren’t buying any more milk until we drink that spoiled milk. Later on, as we got closer to pursuing a marriage together, she started getting mad at me for buying coffee with my own money. Another time she got mad at me for driving to the gas station to use the restroom, and told me, “You’re a Marine, just go in the woods. Your wasting gas when you drive to the gas station.” The crazy part of it all, she bought all her food with food stamps. She has her own company and buys her food with food stamps. Yet she was still very stingy with money. The Bible tells us to stay away from these kinds of people and not to be one. I learned the hard way why the bible says that.
Solomon also talked about investing in the book of Ecclesiastes and parts of Proverbs. Ecc 11:1 “Cast your bread upon the waters, for you will find it after many days.” During those, they would part bread and other grain on ships and the ships would go out to other places and sell everything and then come back and give the money to the farmers or bakers. Farming in itself is a type of investing. You’re investing the seeds into the ground hoping for a return on the seeds you planted. Same if you had animals, like sheep, goats, or cows, all those things were like stocks and bonds, and livestock were people’s investments in those days.
So we need a healthy biblical worldview when it comes to money. We need to give, invest, and work hard for the money we make, we need to also not be lazy and try to get a hand out from the government. We didn’t touch on debt. Try to not be in debt. If you are young and you have no debt, don’t start. 80% of millionaires have never had credit card debt, so if you want to be financially well off in the future, stay away from credit cards.
Now that we have talked about a Biblical worldview on money, now let’s talk about the steps to starting your own Theme organization online that could earn you a living if you are actively working on it.
Five Steps To Starting Your Online Organization
Step One: Come up with an idea. Everyone has their own thing about them that they relate to. For me, it would be Christianity. I’m a preacher and I love Jesus. So I have an online ministry. Over the years I learn a lot of things about how to reach people online because of it and I’m going to share those things with you. Before we can get going though, pick your idea. Write your idea down!
Step Two: Create social media pages and accounts around your idea. Pintest reaches the 20s and 30s-year-olds. Facebook reaches 40+. Twitter reaches political focus folks. Myspace reaches artists. Tictoc reaches the youth.
Step Three: Once you finish step two, you need to focus on growth. I found over the years that if you post a link on your Facebook page, Facebook will force the link not to move faster, so you need to pay money to advert that link, but if you post a picture, the pictures will move a lot faster and you can actually gain followers faster with pictures. So what I’m doing is putting my ministry’s website on the picture and that way it isn’t detected by Facebook as a link.
Step Four: Create a blog, website, or something that will get your theme out to people. I use WordPress and publish a blog post every week. Those posts are also converted into podcasts. Then I put the podcast on top of the blog post. So instead of people reading the post they listen to the podcast.
Step Five: It’s up to you how you do it, but put ads on your website. WordPress already has an option set up for you to do that, but they are making money off you. If you go to Google Adsense you can create your own account and get your site connected and set up that way and earn straight from Google, cutting out the middlemen. If you create apps through Adalo, you can also place ads inside your app, once approved by the google play store. You can also connect your Printful store products to your WordPress account using a plug-in.
These steps are the most basic steps any creator or influencer would go through. You could add to these steps, change things around, take things away, and make it custom for you as a person. Add in video chats, or whatever else you can think of. The possibilities are endless when you’re creating theme communities online.
7 ways to earn money
- Uber/Lyft. I know Uber is outdated, but it’s honestly true. Last year I made $70k driving Uber/Lyft. I drove in Dallas, Texas, and all over the state of Wisconsin. The secret to driving for Uber and Lyft is timing. You need to start driving at 5 AM. You can stop around 1 PM and then get back going again at 3 PM. Usually your finish at around 10 PM. The day will bring you in $250 to $400 for the whole day. They both also offer bonuses if you complete a certain number of rides within a time period.
- Create your own online store. This sounds difficult but it’s not. Shopify is an e-commerce platform that cost $30 per money. You can create an account on Printful, Printfiy, or a Dropshipper that would give you access to suppliers and vendors. You just upload the products you want to sell and everything is automatic. There are also coffee drop shipping companies you can sign up with. With Prinifty you can create your own designs on the products and upload them to your store. Facebook allows integration with your Shopify store. Just find a subject, create a Facebook page, and a few other social media accounts for your new theme idea, and then create the store when you have the audience.
- Write a book. Lulu.com allows you to upload the book you wrote into their system. Just pick a cover type, design it, and pick and price you want to sell it out. Within a few minutes, you have your own book for sale. They give you the option to sell it on Google, Amazon, Barns and Noble, along with other retailers. You can also turn it into an ebook and within a few weeks, your ebook will be listed in the Apple and Google Play Stores for others to download.
- Youtube. You can get paid to create videos. Their rules change all the time. You need to have a certain number of followers and views per day and week in order to be paid for your videos. If you find a good topic that a lot of people like and you can make your videos look professional, you can make it. If your videos look like you are in your mom’s basement, you might not make it. You need some money for this though. High-quality recorder, green screen, good microphone, along with being just an outgoing and interesting person.
- Facebook videos. Believe it or not, if you have 10k Facebook followers on your Facebook page, you can get paid money for your video views. I found this out the other day, a Facebook account I watch shared that they were making $1k per video on Facebook. They have rules though that can get your video banned from making money.
- Create a Podcast. I use Spotify.com for my podcast. There are many ways to earn money from podcasting. You can have direct support from views, you can also place ads in your podcast. You can also make it where it cost money for anyone to listen to your podcast.
- Create an App. Adalo is an app-building platform that allows you to create an app for whatever you want to create an app for. It took me about 3 years to create a dating app on it. There are a lot of things you need to learn about building on their platform, but it’s really easy. Youtube has a lot of resources to make that happen and help you launch your idea to the world.
You must log in to post a comment.